Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Why is it that most of us women are so damned catty? Why are we so often irritated by women who “have everything”? Why is it that when faced by a fellow female with a flawless face, bangin’ body, hot hairstyle, sun-kissed skin, faultless fashion sense, estimable education and a vast vocabulary it’s often cause for any “regular” girl to become poised to attack? And my God if you add fluency in multiple languages and a successful career with a twist of modest integrity, chances are you will have a full-fledged jealous rage brimming right under the surface. (Sometimes not quite under the surface.)

While I can relate to the almost instinct-like negative response, e.g., “wish I would have been born into HER family”, “why didn’t God give me genes like those”, “I bet she’s a stuck-up bleep”, these days I find that I have a very different reaction when first becoming acquainted with such a woman. Instead of “hating”, I admire. I am almost drawn to them in the sense that I want to know their secrets! I want to learn about how they view the world, how they view life. I want to know what is it that helps them to set themselves apart. To put it bluntly, I want to know how I can be like that too. Because who says I cannot be? Moreover, who says you cannot be? Do you not desire to be in great health, have a killer wardrobe and haircut all while perhaps having a high-paying job that you love? Because who ever told you that you cannot, lied.

What's that you say? Stop the presses! You mean no one other than yourself told you those things?

Well quit lying and get a grip, because darling you can have it all.

You may find that it would serve you well to stop “hating” on those women who seem to have all their shit together, and start taking note of just how possible it is for you to achieve every similar goal, and more.

I wish I could just scream this from the rooftops, but for now my blog will have to do: You can do, have, or be anything the girl next to you can do, have, or be. No matter who that girl is, what she is wearing, what man is holding open the door for whatever car she drives. You can have it all. The real question is: Will you even try?

No comments: